Friday, January 16, 2009

About/Contact

Contact info:
Hi, I'm Samantha - wife, jewelry artisan, and care giver to four cats.

My jewelry business, Samantha Jean Designs, is based in Indianapolis, Indiana. For many years, I admired the jewelry artisans of Sundance Catalog; however, the prices I could not afford. I was always busy doing many things – either work at home or at the office, so I did not have much time for a hobby. My busy, stressful life style caught up with me about six years ago. I suffered (and still do suffer, though not as badly) from chronic rib cage pain. Approximately five years ago, I had a spinal cord stimulator implanted that required a medical leave. Since I am not one to just sit around and do nothing, I needed something to do. I bought and read several books on beginner jewelry making which was followed by buying some basic supplies. Then, I was off making my first pieces of jewelry.
I have been making and expanding my techniques, supplies and tools ever since. I have been fortunate that I was able to leave my cubicle life to work at home for my husband’s consulting company, Tridge Alliance, Inc. I am a jack of all trades for his business. Since it is a small business, I am the HR, payroll, accounting, finance, etc. departments. I also am the tech. support for laptop repair. It is really fascinating how laptops are put together.
Anyway, in February 2008, I decided that I wanted to expand my jewelry to metalsmithing. I bought and read several books on the topic and as before bought some basic supplies and tools to get me started. I am still learning and expanding my supplies and tools as needed. I primarily work with sterling silver and fine silver. I have started to branch out with copper and brass.
One day, I hope to branch out further into casting, working with resin, making glass beads, etc. For now, those will have to wait.
That’s all for now. I will try to post as often as time allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin