Thursday, September 17, 2009

A fond farewell to Red, a graceful hello to Lynne

After many weeks of car shopping, a decision was made.

I have had a love, hate relationship with our Lincoln LS, Red. She was a sharp looking red metallic car with black leather interior and was fully loaded with all the bells and whistles. Anyone would fall in love with her just looking at her. She was very seductive. She unfortunately was very high maintenance. She required premium fuel. Her rims dented like tin cans and of course were costly to replace. Her tires would not hold air in winter? With age, her battery would not stay charged. The final blow, she would not allow the key to turn to start her – diagnosis, ignition cylinder needed to be replaced -$350.00.

After Red was repaired, we visited a car dealer intending to test drive a Mercury Milan and Mercury Mariner – preferably hybrid. Upon arriving, the Mariner just did not hit the spot. The Milan was worth a test drive; yet, after the test drive, it did not hit the spot either.

What kept catching my eye was the Lincoln MKX. Now, after all the problems that we had with Red, I had told my husband that he would have to break both my arms and drag me to hell and back before we would own another Lincoln. Yet, this Lincoln MKX was singing its sweet siren song to me. My dear hubby wanted me to try the Lincoln MKS and MKZ; however, they did not appeal to me at all. It took a whole 10 seconds in both of them to say, NO. Yet, there it was - the song calling me over to the MKX.

After a little coaxing, I was talked into a test drive. That sweet siren song became loader. Then, the dealer after a little coaxing on our end gave us pretty much what we wanted on trade for Red. With a good deal on the MKX and pretty good financing locked in, we bought another Lincoln.

No arms broken. No trips to hell and back. All that I asked of the Lincoln MKX as we drove out of the lot is that she treat us well, and we would treat her well. I named her Lynne.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great looking car...congrats. Love your work by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! She has many bells and whistles that we are still exploring:)
    Your work is gorgeous as well - both your jewelry and your lampwork beads:)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin